On May 12, 2021, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will be offering temporary Emergency Broadband Benefits (EBB) to eligible households. According to the FCC, eligible households can apply in three ways:
- Contact your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process. [Link to California participating broadband providers: https://www.fcc.gov/emergency-broadband-benefit-providers#California ]
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org [Link: https://www.getemergencybroadband.org/ ] to apply online and to find participating providers near you.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it along with proof of eligibility to: Emergency Broadband Support Center, P.O. Box 7081, London, KY 40742
The emergency broadband benefits include:
- Up to $50 a month off a qualifying household’s internet bill;
- One-time discount up to $100 for purchase of a desktop, laptop or tablet from a participating provider.
For more information please go to: https://www.fcc.gov/consumer-faq-emergency-broadband-benefit