The IHSS Consumer Corps & Peer Mentors Rock, Get Involved Today!
Join other IHSS consumers and build a community, talk with other consumers about IHSS and issues that affect your life. Share your concerns and learn about other consumers’ concerns as well. Engage with other consumers and improve your health and well-being. With so many changes in IHSS about to happen, now is the time to get involved. Let us know you are interested.
Get Involved in Consumer Corps:
Every day, elected officials, agencies, and others make decisions that affect your life and your community. You know that some of these decisions are good and sometimes these decisions create problems for you.
1) Get involved and be your own ADVOCATE!
- Learn about issues
- Connect with others to talk about issues, your interests, and concerns
- Build a network around your issues, hopes, and dreams
- Let decision-makers know how their decisions affect you
2) To get started—register to vote!
3) Learn about the issues from PASC and other resources:
- Regular IHSS-related calls
- CICA Statewide call: 10am, 3rd Wednesday of the month, 1-888-296-6828, 753825#
- IHSS Coalition call: 3:30pm, alternate Thursdays, 1-866-434-5269, 7238698#
IHSS-Related and Long Term Services and Supports Websites:
- The California IHSS Coalition: www.ihsscoalition.org
- Independent Consultants on California Coordinated Care Initiative: www.calduals.org
- The California IHSS Consumer Alliance:www.cicaihss.org
- The National Senior Citizen Law Center: www.nsclc.org, click on Health Care and then click on Duals
- The National Consumer Voice for Long Term Care:www.theconsumervoice.org
- Disability Rights California: www.disabilityrightsca.org
4) Here are 2 ways to find out who your state legislators are. Keep their name and phone numbers to use them again
- By phone: Call 1-888-868-3762 (Project Vote Smart), give them your 9 digit zip code (your zip code plus 4)
- By internet: Go to www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html. Click on Assembly Member Addresses and then click on “Find Your Legislator by your address,” Enter your address, and the names of your Assembly Member and your State Senator will come up.
You can get involved by contacting Janet at 818-206-7017 or complete the form below.
Participate in the IHSS Consumer Corps. Sign-up today!
Please provide the phone number you would like us to use for all communications.