The Personal Assistance Services Council (PASC) operates a Registry for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) consumers and providers throughout L.A. County. The primary purpose of the PASC Homecare Registry is to provide a free process through which IHSS consumers in need of assistance and IHSS provider applicants in need of employment can be referred to each other… and then decide themselves whether they wish to form an employment relationship. Registry services are entirely optional and voluntary.
Registry referrals are made based upon three main criteria:
- The consumer’s needs of particular services and skills in relation to the provider’s skills and capabilities
- Geographical proximity of consumers and available providers.
- The consumer’s scheduling requirements and the provider’s availability. A provider referral report consisting of up to five names of potential providers is generated, taking the above criteria into consideration. The referral report is forwarded to the consumer, and it is his/her responsibility to contact potential providers, set up interviews, and choose the person he or she wishes to hire.
- Must be a current IHSS consumer in Los Angeles County
- Must provide current personal information (i.e. name, address, telephone, etc.)
- Must submit a completed Registry Application Form as well as a completed Consumer’s Rights, Responsibilities and Release Agreement
- Must submit a completed IHSS Information Release Form. Registry Application Forms can be obtained by calling 1-877-565-4477 or can be downloaded by clicking here:
- Must attend a 2 1/2 hour Registry Orientation Meeting
- Must present a valid photo I.D.
- Must complete and sign a Registry Application Form as well as the Provider’s Rights, Responsibilities and Release Agreement
- Must submit information on Employment history for the past five years and three Personal References
- Must agree to and clear a State of California Criminal Background Investigation (CBI)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
IHSS Provider Applicants interested in being on the PASC Homecare Registry must call the Registry Orientation Hotline at 1-818-206-7000 and leave their name, phone number, and complete mailing address.
The Registry does not select, train, vouch for, supervise or warrant the quality of either consumers or providers. Consumers and providers must make their own decisions regarding one another’s skills, character, and compatibility. The consumer has the exclusive right to select, hire, assign hours and duties, direct the work, supervise, evaluate, and terminate the provider, and the provider retains the right to resign from any employment capacity, all without regulation or control of the Registry.