Electronic Timesheet System
The California Department of Social Services has started a new service that allows In-Home Supportive Services providers the option to submit their timesheets online through a new Electronic Timesheet Website. Use of electronic timesheets is not required. Use of electronic timesheets is optional.
Beginning November 6, 2017, IHSS providers in LA County will have the option to enroll in the Electronic Timesheet service that will allow a provider to submit their IHSS/WPCS timesheets online using a tablet, smartphone, laptop or computer instead of receiving and submitting paper timesheets. This service will also allow a provider’s timesheets to be reviewed and approved by their recipient(s) using their tablet, smartphone, laptop or computer.
- Keep using paper timesheets,
- Enroll in the E-Timesheet service to approve provider timesheets online, or
- Enroll in the IHSS Telephone Timesheet System to approve provider timesheets over the phone.
Both the provider and the recipient must sign up to use the electronic timesheet system, if only the provider signs up and not the recipient, timesheets will remain as they are today, in the paper format.
Some of the benefits of this service are:
- Provider will be able to enter and submit timesheets online (saving the time it takes to mail the timesheet to the timesheet processing facility)
- Provider will no longer be required to mail in paper timesheets
- Check timesheet and payment status (Check timesheet history up to the last three months)
Request supplemental timesheets via online system
To enroll in the Electronic Timesheets Website
- You need to be a current active IHSS and/or WPCS provider or recipient
You need to have access to the internet, be able to use a capable electronicdevice (smartphone, tablet, computer or laptop)
You need to have a valid email address that you can log into
If you are a provider, you must also have your IHSS provider number (found on your paper timesheet or check stub), date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security Number
- If you are a recipient, you must have your IHSS case number, your date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
Electronic Timesheet Website Learning Options ∗Recommended
The state has put together 10 learning modules that provide information for providers and recipients including an overview of the website, as well as information regarding registration for providers and recipients, time entry, and approving timesheets. The Electronic Timesheet Helpdesk is available to help those providers and recipients that need assistance with the Electronic Timesheet Website. The Electronic Timesheet Help Desk number is (866) 376-7066 (select Option 4) during normal business hours of 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays. You can view the training modules at http://www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/IHSS-Providers/Resources/Timesheet-Information.
Enrolling in the Electronic Timesheets websiteGo to the Electronic Timesheet website at www.etimesheets.ihss.ca.govselect the “New User Registration” link and follow the online directions to create an account. You will need to register in order to use this service.
Forms and Brochures
Electronic Timesheet Overview for Providers